bidverstiser

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Great Things About Being a SAHM

Being with my children all day everyday is a total blessing! I get to really find out about them and their characteristics, learn their likes and dislikes, and comfort them when they don't feel well. While daycares are a necessity or a want for some people, in my opinion, I love being the one to tell my husband the good news of them learning something for the first time!! For instance, just today my girl caught a softball 5 times in a row (which, her reward was me doing a cartwheel. Yes, I know you would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that. It was pretty ridiculous...) and she also learned what to do if a tornado came, if someone broke in, and how to call emergency personnel from my cell phone.

My daughter had been in daycare for 2.5 yrs and I felt like I missed a lot. Even though sleeping at night is the best thing to do, I was so happy when my girl would wake up so I could hold and rock her back to sleep. I truly couldn't appreciate her personality and though I thought I knew her, there was much more for me to learn as well as a beautiful relationship to nurture.

Staying at home the last 4 months, I have seen her transform from a wild toddler who had inconsistent discipline and boundaries during the day to a child that stays within them and flourishes. I've learned my daughter can really focus on something for at least an hour if not more. I found that she is incredibly artistic and creative as are most kids this age but she just blows me away with her attention to detail. She is constantly matching and grouping things according to color, shape, or purpose and more recently by its sound. Also, her memory of stuff we did last year is incredible!! For example, she talks about when we went fishing with her uncle, carved pumpkins, went to the candle store on vacation, or wondered what happened to her old toothbrush.

With my little boy, I have learned the way he communicates as each cry has a distinct sound, watched him go from 7 lbs to 17 lbs though it's totally oblivious to me, fed him his first homemade pureed carrots, and even witnessed his rolling over for the first time! Today, he had his 4 month check up and every momma knows that this visit comes with vaccines. The impending and piercing cries erupting after the shots can really make a mom cringe but once my son had his injected, I picked him up and comforted him. What a great privilege to be the one to hold him and comfort him when he's hurt or upset and the same for my daughter, for that matter, for the rest of their lives! I love being a mom!!!

Until tomorrow, kindest blogging wishes!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment