bidverstiser

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hibachi-Style Fried Rice

If there is one thing I love most in the world is cooking something that my family loves to eat. A food that my husband and daughter really love is hibachi-style fried rice. Being the detail-oriented person that I am, I studied the hibachi chefs to figure out how they made it. I noted that everything is fried and has lots of butter. So with that in mind I set off to experiment. I tried a couple of attempts and he loved it! Now, it does have a lot of butter but it's makes it really good!

So below is my version of hibachi-style fried rice. Caution: I generally don't measure ingredients so measurements are a guestimation. I go by taste along the way.

Hibachi-Style Fried Rice

2 c white rice, cooked (not mushy)
3 eggs
1/4 c white onion, chopped
1/3 c peas, frozen
1/3 c carrots, chopped
1/3 c corn, frozen
Olive oil
Butter
Soy sauce
Salt
Pepper

Heat a 10 in skillet pan on med-high heat. Drizzle olive oil and allow to heat a little. Add onions, peas, carrot, corn and toss around to evenly coat with the olive oil. Heat thoroughly, 3-4 minutes. Push vegetables to the sides of the pan. Add a tablespoon of butter to the empty part of the pan and let melt. Add eggs to the melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Scrabbled as they cook. Gradually incorporate the vegetables. Once completely mixed add rice, more butter, soy sauce (again, to your taste) and once all mixed, allow contents to fry a bit 2-3 minutes. Then turn and allow to fry yet again. Once it is to your satisfaction, take off heat. Allow fried rice to cool and enjoy!

Until next time*, kindest blogging wishes!!!

*- I was doing this daily but some times I just don't have the time as the two little ones are busy busy busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment