bidverstiser

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Steak and Potatoes

My favorite dish to make is called Beouf Bourguignon. It has such an elegant taste beef, bacon, onions, mushrooms, and let us not forget the most important ingredient, wine! It seems complex to a newbie aspiring to trail after the late Julia Child but over time and much practice the techniques become second nature. Last night, using those same techniques I created an incredible dish that can stand next to Beouf Bourguignon as a fierce contender.

When I was working, making dinners from scratch for a starving toddler and a burly husband was not fun because I was just so exhausted at the end of the day especially when I was pregnant. Some nights we would end up ordering out or making frozen dinners. Given that I love to cook and bake, resorting to ordering out or making frozen dinners was irritating and really made me cringe. Staying at home has allowed me to cook a LOT and get creative in the process!

This amazing dish I made last night is so simple and was so amazing that I wish I had created it sooner. My husband is in the process of coming up with a name but he was distracted by the dish's awesomeness. It will be updated in the future.

Dish that has no name, for now...

1- 1 in thick T-bone steak, cubed
6 slices of bacon, cut into small rectangles
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
8 garlic cloves, smashed
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 T flour

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a roaster (which mine is from the awesomest youth group ever--ACBC yoots! What what!!), combine the steak, bacon, sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic. Drizzle olive oil then add salt and pepper. Mix well. Add flour and gently mix once more just so the flour coats most of the ingredients. Place in preheated oven for one hour mixing half way through. When finished remove, let cool and serve. I wanted to do wilted spinach but I too was distracted by the awesomeness of this dish but I will next time.

I know that I said that Sunday's would be recipe days but you know what, when a crazy awesome creation is born... It must be shared with the readers of this blog!

Until tomorrow, kindest blogging wishes!!!

2 comments: