bidverstiser

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving at Our Hacienda

It's Thanksgiving time and what better time to spend it with family eating all kinds of food! This time last year I hosted Thanksgiving in our tiny apartment with a giant tummy extending out as I was 6 months pregnant. My parents came into town and I had a great time talking and cooking with my mom, watching football with my dad, and hanging out eating with my hubby and daughter. It was very peaceful!

This year we are having Thanksgiving dinner in our beautiful new home! My mother-and father-in-law are already here and my beloved brother is en route. I had pulled out my recipes I did last year and tossed the ones I didn't care for and now trying new ones.

Everyone has a job. My husband has to work at the hospital, total bummer for us but really good for the sick children needing diagnostic imaging done. My brother is in charge of the turkey. My mother-in-law is in charge of the ham, cheesecake, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and green bean casserole. I'm in charge of mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, sweet potato casserole, broccoli rice casserole, corn casserole, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. My daughter is to keep papa lathered up with hand sanitizer so nobody catches his cold. My son is to try new textures of food. Our dog is to clean up the scraps. Whew!!

We have many things to be thankful for and our health is a big one! My father-in-law is in remission from non-small cell lung cancer! Now he's been in remission for some time now and how blessed are we that it's gone and get to share an awesome meal with him! We are also thankful for our salvation in our Lord and Savior!! Sure there are crumby things in the world that can get us down but what if we focused on what we have instead of what we don't have. How much different would you feel? and how much happier would you be??

Happy Thanksgiving to you all from our family to yours!!!

Until next time,
Kindest blogging wishes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment